Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My love for libraries

My love for libraries began as a child. My mom loves books, and reading, and faithfully took her children to the library. I learned early on that the shelves were filled with tales of treasures, adventures, and fairytales. Those books beckoned to me, inviting me to join those imaginary lands and lives through those pages. There was one particular book I checked out each week. It was small, with a yellow hardcover. I do not remember the title, or even the plot, but I adored it. It did not seem to bother me that the story remained the same each time I read it. Books have always been a luxury to me. The stories enthrall me, and still beckon me to experience new things, embrace new perspectives, and embark on new challenges. The types of novels I read change slightly as I grow older, but I still adore books. The feel, the smell, the pages. Here's to you, Mom. Did you know that first trip to the library would instill such a thrill for books in me?

No comments:

Post a Comment